Thursday 20 February 2014

Week 3 news

-We have been so busy in room 4 lots of the children have been saying they cant believe it is only week 3!
-In  maths at the moment we are learning about fractions, this is a great thing you can be practicing at home with time, cooking etc. "Can you share that block of chocolate evenly for everyone here?" etc. Hands on maths experiences are often the most valuable.
-Mathletics is all up and running and the children all have their own passwords. They should be spending at least half an hour on this three times a week. I can see the tasks they do as well as how they score. 
-We are still swimming on Monday mornings, and there is opportunities for the children to swim almost everyday - in this hot weather, keep sending those togs!
-I still do not have all of the consent forms for camp back, I need them ASAP so that I can be in contact with the camp. I am waiting on about 7.
-I would quite like to have an informal breakfast at school/BBQ at night for all parents and kids to come along. We could have games etc. It would be nice to get to know you all a little better! Let me know what you think.
-Well done to all those children who participated in the triathlon/duathlon. They all looked great and it was fantastic to see them all striving for excellence.
-We have been learning French each day and will be presenting some of it via movie at assembly in week 5! If I have all blog permission I will also upload it to the blog, but can not do that yet.
-We have had Kiwisport Hockey - which the kids loved, and we are going again next Tuesday.
-Finally, we are painting A Starry Night by Van Gogh at the moment! Some will be finished today! Feel free to come and check them out!
That's all from me :)
I will keep you posted as "stuff" happens.
Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment